Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ladybug birthday

My husband had access to some ladybug decorations (for free!!!!!!!!) so my daughter decided to have a ladybug birthday......with no coercion what-so-ever.
yes, I do own a cupcake tree...and yes I have to store it the other 364 days of the year

hubby was able to pick-up the cupcake wrappers and picks. I decided to use green frosting as "grass".  I cut a hole in a zip-lock baggie and squeezed for  the  tip effect


These are the favor bags hubby got for free.  I cut them out (they were a cellophane variety) and use plain old static to make them stick to the walls.  Hubby abhors tape on the walls!

 Again, the center piece was a hubby freebie, I added red and black licorice as a treat
The treat baggies again adhered to the window with static 


and again
I wasn't originally going to do a piñata but my daughter was aghast at the thought.  I figured that I was saving so much with the hubby freebies that I would just buy one.  Walked into the party store with confidence and money....no ladybugs.....nothing even spring-ish.  Cut to me Friday afternoon (party Saturday) making yet another piñata. Circley-oblongy card board, red crepe paper and black napkins (because I had them).  Didn't turn out too bad.

My Special-Special (that is what I call her) in her ladybug out fit.  I got luck that I found this on sale as a Dollie & Me outfit for about $8.00.

I painter her nail to match the ladybug theme.  Thank God I have a night job.

I used Baby Bell cheese and cut ladybugs.  The circles where easily made by the sharp end of my hand slicer






Piñata in action.
Almost there
All in all, pretty much a success!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment