Saturday, November 16, 2013

Minecraft party

For my son's 8th birthday he told me he wanted Minecraft.....after I said "what?", I looked it up.....

 This is what I came up with
Creeper balloons, put in odds places to give everyone...well, the creeps. I just added the black electrical tape.


Spiders out of balloons, streamers and red construction paper

Large wall decoration. I used dinner sized plates from the dollar store with a foam backing (DH would have had a fit of I'd have tried to mount it to the wall like I saw people do on Pinterest). With the foam backing I could prop it against the wall. It ended up being pretty large. For smaller areas maybe use dessert plates?


TNT licorice bundles 

 
Creeper cake. I am by no means a baker so I needed simple. I used green jimmies, green sugar sprinkles and coconut (died green with food coloring) to give it the appearance of being pixelated.  Hershey bars gave me the "face" 
I used this video to make a Steve head pinata.  My Son's birthday is in November so I just buy Halloween candy on clearance and stuff it full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment